The Mini-grant program provides Bear Valley USD teachers, individually or as part of a team, the opportunity to apply funds to improve some aspect of their teaching or the program students.
- Allison McPherson from BBES, $2,156 for Reading Counts to Us
- Manny Marquez from NSES, $2,366.99 for Reading Counts
- Diane Begley and Meredith Hochee from BLES, $2,500 for the Learning Garden
- Nicol Erdmier from BBES, $2,475 for Peace Garden Maintenance/Improvement & Greenhouse
- Dena Arbaugh from BBMS, $2,000 for Growing Peace
- Howard Antmann from BBMS, $2,000 for Restoration/Reclamation of Discarded Band Instruments
- Karen Powell from NSES, $4,000 for Share the Love Garden
- Amy Fuller from BBMS, $700 for Writing for Excellence Training
- a fourth Mini-Grant was postponed for one season
- Jim Fipps from BBHS, $2,000 for Collegiate Level Instruction in the Sport of Fencing
- Claudia St. James from BBHS and BBMS, $4,000 for AVID College Field Trips
- Mihaylo Music Program from grades 5-12, $2,000 for Forum Music Festival
- Julia Seaman from BBMS, $2,000 for Project Technology Train
- Kelley Schetter from NSES, $1,230 for Kinder Math & Literacy Software Grant
- Kimberlie Peyton from NSES, $1052.18 for 4th grade students for Great Classical Composers.
- Dena Arbaugh from BBMS, $1312.00 for purchase of science materials and supplies for lab for 7th grade students.
- Jim Fipps from BBHS, $2000.00 to purchase a digital camcorder for the new BBHS TV station.
- Jennie McCoy from BBMS, $851.00 for instructional classroom materials for history for 7th graders.
- Jim Comlossy from NSES, BLES, BBES, $4000.00 for RenzulliLearning site license, a continuing program from last year.
- Darrell Reynolds from BBHS, $3950.00 for Portable Science Lab Workstations
- Julia Seaman from BBMS, $2000.00 Art Club for art supplies for an after-school art club.
- Diane Begley and Lucy Ordway from BLES, $1930.00 enrichment program to "Meet the Masters"
- Melanie Gruber from BLES, $1400.00 for Science Kit for 4 to 6 graders.
- Lisa Hawks from Fallsvale ES, $1500.00 nature trail development.
- Lisa Hahn and Sharon Knapik from BBES, $1440.00 for research-based program to increase reading fluency for grades 1 to 6.
- Scott Waner, Sudie Smartt, Beth Gardner, Pam Reames from BBES, Deb Moore from BLES, and Jim Comlossy from NSES from BBES, BLES, NSES, $12,000.00 for the Renzulli Learning project from each of the elementary schools for an internet-based program for all students, grades 1-6.
- Melanie Gruber from BLES, $4000 to implement a microscope science lab.
- Mary Parks from NSES, $464 to impement an Art Club
- Susan Rammell from NSES, $1200 to implement a Great Books program.
- Denise Swift from BLES, $400 to support reading through her Constructions for Literacy program.
- Jason Schetter from BBMS, $3907 to enrich and expand the Computer Lab.
- Robin O'Hare from NSES, $3979.54 Writing with Alpha Smarts
- Sudie Vazquez from BBES, $244.55 Dig it Musical Tale of Ancient Civilization
- Tracy Tokunaga from BBMS, $1976.00 Technology to Enhance Reading and Writing Across the Curriculum
- Claudia St. James from BBHS, $3169.00 the Avid program.
- Margo Penardi from NSES, $3900.00 Inproving Speach and Language with Lap Top Computers
- John Karns from BBHS, $4000.00 DNA Documentation
- Cynthia Warden from BBMS, $1800.00 Project Tolerance
- Clauria St James from BBHS, $1500.00 the further development of online education
- Lisa Hahn and Mary Ann Lewis from BBES, $500.00 Technology Tools for Students to improve writing skills